February 26, 2012

Listen to your Instincts

I spoke publicly today.

And it went pretty well.

However, when I got the conclusion, I realized that I didn't have as strong of a conclusion as I had thought. As I was was going into my conclusion, I had an idea to tell a story from my life that happened recently. However, I wasn't sure if the story would tie in.

Yet I had this instinct that I should tell the story and figure out the tie in as I told the story.

However, I did not listen to that instinct. Purely out of fear. Fear that I would get done with the story and not have a way to tie it in.

After I was finished, I was talking with some friends and I told them the story. And they said it fit perfectly and would have been a perfect concluding story.

Next time I am going to follow my instinct.

Just to spite my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment