February 7, 2012

Have it happen

One is either committed to having it happen, or one is committed to complaining as to why it cannot happen.

"It" being the life they long to live.

Looking back on my life, I realize that at the most frustrating moments my focus was on complaining why I couldn't do it
  • Make the team
  • Finish the project on time
  • Connect with others in unprecedented ways
  • Be successful in what I was currently working on
  • Etc.
...over simply committing to have it happen.

I notice that when I decide that something is going to happen (lose weight, start my own business and thrive, write a poem a week, journal everyday, have my desk be clean every night, etc.)...

My mind shifts into a new world.

My mind begins to be creatively find ways to make it happen.

One thought that someone shared with methat has helped me approach life in a new way: whenever I catch myself saying I can't do something, I ask myself, if someone would give me $10,000 if I would... (have my desk clean each night, work out 30 minutes each day, or read 20 minutes each day, etc.), could I do it?

And the answer is typically "yes."

So it is less about whether or not you can physically make it happen and more about how committed you are to having it happen.

I imagine your favorite people in the world aren't those who complain the most.





















No comments:

Post a Comment