December 22, 2011

Writing More

As you may have been able to tell, I have been writing quite a bit more than previously.

I have written more in the past three weeks than I did in the previous 11 months.

I have committed to a couple of things: writing 3 pages of random thoughts/journaling 5/7 mornings each week, writing at least 5 blog posts each week, and writing a poem each week.

And three weeks into all this, I am realizing the resilience involved.

Like right now for instance. I am writing because I believe in the discipline of simply getting my thoughts out and putting the words on the page.

And at times it is tedious and at times I love it.

If the vision is clarity of thought, then the discipline that follows must be faithfulness in the everyday.

Would you join me? Make some commitments for January 2012.

Tell someone.

Follow through. Even when you don't want to.

1 comment:

  1. Goals are good...telling someone those goals is crucial. Accountability and all that. I'd like to write more in 2012. I'll be thinking of those goals to set. Have a wonderful Christmas Dave!

    ReplyDelete