December 12, 2011

Reality Illusion


Staircase from Inception


In life, I realize how often I get stuck in my own reality illusion.

Reality Illusion: the belief that my perception/perspective on the world is the only one (and therefore the correct one) {if someone else's perspective conflicts with mine, they are wrong and must fit into my world} [except when they don't]

Insert Conflict

Because there is this problem. There are all these other people in the world.

And they all have realities that are showing up for them.

We all do.

So then what?

My thought is that so often, I notice in my life that a LOT of frustration comes when I get completely stuck in my reality illusion. And if I don't get out of it by seeking to understand where others are coming from, I proceed to get way off track.

My encouragement to you is to really focus on seeing the world from the viewpoints of others. Once you get clear about where someone else is coming from, I am convinced that the level of your connection with them will rise greatly. And your frustration with the world will diminish.

And when you mess up or miss it; ask forgiveness and then go again.

Oh yeah, and don't take yourself too seriously. Enjoy life. Go again.


No comments:

Post a Comment