January 3, 2012

Judgements/Assessments/Interpretations

Judgements, Assessments, Interpretations.

As humans we are meaning making machines. Events occur all around us and our mind must make meaning of what all is going on.

Makes sense to me.

However, I'm not always excited about my judgements.

My judgements can cause me to be incredibly frustrated, think negative thoughts about others, believe that  my world is the only one that matters (of course), etc.

So then what?

This then provides a great opportunity for me to judge my own judgments. Interpret my interpretations. Assess my assessments. Get curious about where my judgements are getting me. Either they are getting me towards my visions or further away from it. It is worth looking into.

Another way of seeing it is: Either I "have" my judgements or they "have" me.

If my judgements "have" me, in my experience this is a victim conversation where I am just the result of whatever judgements show up for me and I respond however they tell me to. And thus I am dependent on something external to determine my fate, if you will.

If I "have" my judgements, I then choose to get curious about the judgements. I inquire regarding my internal conversation. I assess where those judgements and interpretations of reality are getting me.

Closer to my vision or further away.

Even writing about all this makes me want to make sure my vision is crystal clear and that I am "having" my judgements and having them submit to the vision I have for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment