January 31, 2012

Holding Back

In life, I get this sense that so many of us are holding back.

This could be in our relationships, our jobs, our passions, our risks, etc.

And then, I imagine that the areas in which we are frustrated in life are the areas where we finding ourselves holding back.

I'm not sure what is coming up for you when I bring this up, but I believe something would come to mind if you asked yourself, "Where am I holding back right now?"

And then further, ask yourself, "Why am I holding back?"

My guess is that you feel you deserve better, or you have tried and failed, or you feel like you have given everything in that area...but if you had there wouldn't be any doubt.

Maybe if you were all in, fully committed, you would have what you want in that arena, you would be committed and succeed, and you would know that you had given everything, at all costs, to see your vision happen.

I suppose you could just keep holding back.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, I hope you're doing well (it has been a couple of years since I saw you last at Highlander). We hold back mostly because we see boundaries around us that may or may not really exist. After seeing white lines painted on California 395 to fool cows into thinking they were cattle grids (metal bars that make hoofed animals unstable), I wrote about it here:

    http://successfulworkplace.com/2012/01/30/faking-out-cows/

    It is very much my response to why people hold back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    So great to hear from you! What are you up to?

    Thanks so much for reading my blog!

    Do you still keep in contact with Clint Cleckler at all?

    ReplyDelete