January 19, 2012

10 years ago

I had the thought today of what it would be like to go back 10 years ago and see my life as it was then.

The thought really got me thinking (imagine that).

I kept thinking about where I was at that point and then what all has happened in the past 10 years.

When I was 19, I was living in Omaha, NE and attending Creighton University studying meteorology and in Air Force ROTC intending to become a fighter pilot.

Since then, all of this has happened

  • Switched majors 3 times
  • Left Creighton and attended 2 other universities as well as took classes at 2 community colleges
  • Proposed in Paris and she said yes
  • Got married to an amazing woman named Sarah :)
  • Was blessed with 5 amazing nieces/nephews: Jacob, Gracie, Caleb, Renee, and Faith
  • My brother got married to the amazing Camille
  • My sister got married to the amazing Daniel
  • My parents moved to Ohio
  • I moved from Omaha to Colorado Springs to Dayton to Omaha to Dayton to Los Angeles to Berkeley.
  • I have slept in well over 50 locations (wish I actually kept track)
  • I was jumped/robbed while in Berkeley
  • Went through 2 seasons of mild depression
  • Traveled to Zambia (stopping in London on the way home)
  • Traveled to South Sudan (stopping in Frankfurt on the way there and Oxford and Paris on the way home)
  • Completed my master's degrees in theology and global leadership
  • Chose the career of being a Transformational Life Coach
  • Made new friends, yet said goodbye to so many other great friends
  • The list goes on...

When is the last time you thought about how much life has changed in the past decade?

1 comment:

  1. wow. i am definitely going to have to think about that. it's good to be remembered that things change so quickly.

    ReplyDelete