March 4, 2012

Over-predicting the Future

Last night my wife and I were spending some time with a couple of older couples in their 40's and 50's.

They had some pretty amazing stories.

One couple in particular had their lives changed when they "coincidentally" met this realtor about 30 years ago.

The realtor had a huge impact on their lives, because she not only helped them find a house, she also helped them get a house that was bigger than they expected, told them unique ways they could afford it, including opening and in home daycare, and also gave them other advice that has dramatically altered the course of their lives. From what I could tell, it is possible that a portion of the wealth they currently have could almost directly be tied to the brief influence of this realtor.

And I kept thinking about how I try to over-plan out my future.

Instead of living in the moment and trusting the provision that is there, knowing each moment has resource, and I may not always even be aware of how much that resource may alter the future decisions I make and impact that my life will have.

May we all be fully present. Fully expectant of the miraculous in every moment. Even when the miraculous doesn't come to fruition until decades down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment