November 25, 2011

Go Again.


I have been thinking recently about this whole idea of how I give up on people too quickly (typically in a conflict or difficult conversations).

I don't choose to stay in the conversation long enough to connect with the person I are talking with.

And isn't it all about connection anyways?

Often, the conversation and the other person don't show up the way I'd like them to, and so I get frustrated, judgmental, start complaining (maybe even whining) and want to quit (on myself and the other person).

Rather than connecting.

Rather than realizing my perception isn't the only perception out there (yes, I know!), and being able to set  my "reality" aside, shifting my way of being, and focusing on connecting with the person I am conflicting/seeking to connect with.

What would it cost? Me caring enough about the other person to connect to them At All Costs.

Next time you feel yourself frustrated at someone, ask yourself on a scale from 1-10: How connected are you to the person in that moment. Then go again. Try something new. Go again until you connect.





No comments:

Post a Comment